Normangee Real Estate
Normangee is located in Leon County, 35 miles from the Bryan/College Station area, and has a population of around 700 residents. Before it incorporated in 1913 as Normangee—named for Judge Norman G. Kittrell of Houston—the community of Rogers Prairie was the primary settlement.
A Little History of Pre-Normangee
Robert Rogers was the first European on record to call this area home. Before he and his entourage arrived, Native Americans roamed along the plains and creeks of Leon County.
The early interactions between existing inhabitants and newcomers weren't always peaceful. Tales worthy of Wild West lore filled the hot air of summer evenings of the early 1900s. You can still read about some of the intense interactions between natives and members of the Rogers' family in old newspapers.
As most of the history in these parts of Texas goes, the railroads carved out the paths for townships, and in 1905, the folks from Rogers Prairie migrated to Normangee because of the Houston and Texas Central Railroad.
Another interesting historical story about Normangee is how the townspeople of Rogers Prairie rolled into the newly established train spot. The 200 or so neighbors joined forces and used horse-drawn rollers to move belongings and buildings to what is now Normangee.
Living In Normangee
We have several natural resources in our part of Leon County, including Normangee City Park, Normangee Lake, and nearby Hilltop Lake Estates. Our classic downtown street and its brick buildings takes you back in time.
Normangee Independent School District educates our young minds. And we are always proud of our students' accomplishments inside the classroom and on the athletic fields. Normangee is home of championship football, and golf teams in recent history. Normangee High School was also in the top 100 schools in the state of Texas for 2015. We also are so proud of our 100% graduation rate.
Improvements are always a priority, with technology upgrades, recreational equipment, and additional classroom space topping the priority list.
The police department has a special mission to protect not only our human residents but also canine citizens as well. The Normangee police department works with a Pit Bull rescue group to take on homeless dogs and train them to be K9 officers.
Normangee Is The Best Of Both Worlds
While we are a small community by population standards, we offer a lot of benefits to our citizens. Living here affords a serene environment with superior healthcare, education, and metropolitan amenities lie just a few miles away.
Living here full time means quality education for children, a lower cost of living than neighboring cities, and depending on your preference, a range of housing options.
Real Estate in Normangee
Included in the Normangee stretch of Leon County is Hilltop Lakes, a 4,400-acre homeowners association community with private lakes, a golf course, a Texas shaped pool at the club house, and its own private airstrip. There are around 1,000 full-time residents in Hilltop Lakes, while another 4,000 consider the community their home away from home.
Hilltop Lakes Homeowners Association provides property owners with a considerable lineup of extras for a very reasonable fee. These are a few of the benefits of being a Hilltop Lakes property owner:
- Lake Tonkawa or Lake Cherokee homes with boat ramps, plus, vacant lots on the lakes are the ideal blank canvas for a future lake house.
- Equestrian facilities for residents and their mounts managed by volunteers and horse owners in the Hilltop Lakes Equestrian Club.
- An 18-hole golf course, open seven days a week during the summer months, with a pro shop and tournament accommodations.
- A nine-hole disc golf course that winds around the hotel, villas, lakes, swimming pool, and playground area.
- An organized bridge club divides players into six categories for beginners, advanced players, or those wanting to spend time with their close lady or gentlemen friends.
- Hilltop Lakes Post Office is a full-service operation for all letters and deliveries.
- Hilltop Library caters to readers of all ages.
- Overlook Restaurant in Arrowhead Lodge is a casual dining experience that accommodates a scenic view of Kickapoo and Swan Lakes.
People also come to Normangee for their vacation home destination. Real estate in Normangee ranges from historical homes built in the early 1900s to working ranches, or country estates.
Our team at Brazos County Realty is always up for a scenic road trip just outside our city limits. Normangee is an easy car ride for us, and we are happy to give you a customized tour. Please reach out to us anytime to schedule a time.
6 Results Found
- Listing courtesy of Lexi Standley - Aggieland Properties
Status ActiveListing Price $549,900
4704 S County Road 458, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
5 Total Baths3,775 SqFt17.200 Acresr0
- Listing courtesy of David Coleman - Coleman & Patterson
Status ActiveListing Price $529,000
1292 Springfield Rd, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
2 Total Baths2,500 SqFt6.700 Acresr0
- Listing courtesy of Karen Jacks - Bell Properties
Status ActiveListing Price $169,900
1 Lakeview Dr, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
3 Total Baths2,418 SqFt0.420 Acresr0
- Listing courtesy of Latonya Button - Keller Williams Realty B/V
Status ActiveListing Price $145,000
106 Taft Street, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
3 Total Baths2,149 SqFt1 Acresr0
- Listing courtesy of Pamela Rogers - Coleman & Patterson
Status ActiveListing Price $100,000
12729 FM 39 S, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
2 Total Baths1,216 SqFt2 Acresr0
- Listing courtesy of Beverly Hatcher - DBL Real Estate
Status ActiveListing Price $69,000
186 S Main, Normangee, Texas TX 77871
1 Total Baths1,452 SqFt0.250 Acresr0