Thorndale Real Estate
Thorndale is a city in Texas located in Milam County. Thorndale is a tiny little town with a population just under 1,500 residents, according to the 2010 census. It’s located approximately 40 miles north of Austin and a little less than 15 miles west of Rockdale. This city experiences harsh, humid summers but generally tepid to cool winters. The median income for the area is nearly $35,000 a year per household and a little over $40,000 per family.
Living in Thorndale
There’s a lot to do in the areas surrounding Thorndale, Texas, so you know you’ll never be bored. For attractions that are directly in Thorndale, you can enjoy a visit to Bushy Creek Bar.
If you’re looking for more family-friendly fun, you can visit one of the amusement parks that are near Thorndale, Texas, such as Austin’s Park ‘n Pizza, Kiddie Acres and DS Glory Summer Fun USA. At Austin’s, you can play putt-putt golf, race go-karts, play laser tag, rock climb and more. At Kiddie Acres, you can provide your kids who are 10 and younger with wholesome entertainment that includes train rides, Ferris wheel turns, boat rides, carousel rounds and more. DS Glory Summer Fun USA has attractions that are similar to Austin’s and Kiddie Acres.
For a good time that’s a little more grown up, you can check out the events at one of the surrounding event centers:
- Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas
- Bellmead Community Center in Waco, Texas
- Brazos Center in Bryan, Texas
- One World Theatre in Austin, Texas
- Annenberg Presidential Conference Center in College Station, Texas
- Joe C Thompson Conference Center in Austin, Texas
- Travis County Exposition Center in Austin, Texas
For more cultured fun, you can check out one of the art galleries in one of the neighboring cities, such as Images of Austin and the Southwest, Spazio by Lytle Pressley and Yard Dog.
If museums are more your scene, there are several in the area for you to choose from. Or why choose? You can attend them all.
- Austin Steam Train Association in Cedar Park, Texas
- Blanton Museum of Art in Austin, Texas
- Burleson County Czech Heritage Museum in Caldwell, Texas
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum in Austin, Texas
- Dolph Briscoe Center for American History in Austin, Texas
- Elisabet Ney Museum in Austin, Texas
- George Washington Carver Museum in Austin, Texas
- Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center in Austin, Texas
- Jourdan / Bachman Pioneer Farm in Austin, Texas
- Lyndon B Johnson Library and Museum in Austin, Texas
- Railroad and Heritage Museum in Temple, Texas
- Republic of Texas Museum in Austin, Texas
- Texas Memorial Museum in Austin, Texas
- Texas Military Forces Museum in Austin, Texas
For fun in the sun around Thorndale, Texas, you can visit one of the neighboring state parks, nature preserves, reservoirs or lakes. Here are a few of them:
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge in Marble Falls, Texas
- Belton Lake in Belton, Texas
- Hamilton Pool Preserve in Austin, Texas
- McKinney Falls State Park in Austin, Texas
- Mount Bonnell in Austin, Texas
- Stillhouse Hollow Reservoir in Belton, Texas
- Treaty Oak in Austin, Texas
- Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve in Austin, Texas
- Wild Connections Butterfly Farm and Nature Center in Austin, Texas
- Zilker Metropolitan Park in Austin, Texas
Real Estate in Thorndale
Thorndale is a great place in which to explore your real estate opportunities: It’s not a small town per se, but it’s certainly not as big as Austin or any of the larger neighboring cities. This means that, when you live in Thorndale, you get to enjoy the closeness of recreation without having to sacrifice your quiet weeknights at home with your family.
Thorndale has homes that can meet anyone’s budget. There are mobile homes for just $70,000, suburban-style homes around $150,000 and acres on which you can build your own home for $180,000 to $2,000,000. If you know you’d like to settle down in Thorndale, then rest assured there is a home here that is right for you.
Finding a home in Thorndale can be a difficult task if you don’t know where to look. That’s why it’s best to reach out to a professional realtor who can help you on your journey to find your dream home. We know the ropes and can show you the tricks to finding a home that’s not only within your budget, but also within the criteria for your home wants and needs. Call us today at 979-693-0201 for assistance. We’d be happy to help.